Exciting announcements are pouring out of NAMM every hour! One of the most anticipated announcements of the year is the new Arp Odyssey being re-released by Korg.
For those unfamiliar the Arp Odyssey is a 2 oscillator duophonic analog monosynth that debuted in 1972. It was one of the most popular and revered monosynths of its time and was a direct competitor with the Moog Minimoog Model D. In recent years they have been very sought after and prices have climbed for the originals. So it is very exciting to see Korg continue on the path to making re-releases of some of our favorite synthesizers ever made. The new Odyssey was carefully re-designed with select components to match the character of the original, however it added some significant features for a new generations...
New features include....
- All 3-filter revisions from each era of original Odyssey manufacturing.
- A new drive switch for distorted filter sound.
- Midi and USB
- 86% the size of the original
- A hardcase and patch cables
You can read more about the new Arp Odyssey and pre-order HERE. Switched On will have a limited quantity of the MKIII black & orange style very soon!
Among other announcements from Korg they are now offering the MS-20 as a desktop module kit called the Korg MS-20M. Aside from a new form factor the MS-20M offers many new features that have been lacking on previous incarnations of the Korg MS-20 (Vintage), MS-20mini, MS-20 Kit. To get these features always required custom modification by an experience tech. Now the MS-20 is better than ever before. Check it out...
New features include:
- SYNC ON/OFF switch allows oscillator sync
- FM ON/OFF switch allows frequency modulation
- FILTER TYPE switch selects two filter types
- PWM IN jack allows pulse width modulation
- EG2 NORMAL OUT expands your sonic possibilities
- TRIG SW button is a convenient way to audition the sound
- Supports all CV/GATE specifications: Hz/V and V/Oct, S-Trig and V-Trig
- Three JUNCTION jacks
- MIDI IN connector and USB MIDI connector
To make the package even better Korg is including the recently announced Korg SQ-1 sequencer and wooden side paneling with the MS-20M Kit! That way you can begin playing your new MS-20M directly after the very easy assembly and look classy while doing it.
To read more about the Korg MS-20M Kit + SQ-1 and pre-order click HERE.