SynthTech E370 Quad Morphing VCO Black
Synthesis Technology's E370 Quad Morphing VCO is one of the most powerful VCOs in the eurorack format!
The E370 takes all the best algorithms from Synthesis Technologies’ earlier oscillators and uses them to achieve even greater ends. Taking a cue from the E330 Multi-mode VCO, E340 Cloud Generator, and E350 Morphing Terrarium, the E370 boasts four VCOs that can be organized in a variety of configurations, including unison, dual pairs, and individually. Combined, E370’s VCOs can be used to create powerful chords from a single cv source. Its Mod inputs are assigned to scales, progressions, intervals, and more. All of this plus thru-zero modulation capabilities reinforce the E370s already remarkable reputation.
But the buck doesn’t stop with the E370’s sonic capabilities. That’s because it features a 2.4” TFT display for realtime indication of each oscillator’s output. Built-in SD card reader allows for import of new tables, while the free WaveEdit computer application makes designing wavetables simpler than ever before: an easy-to-use GUI makes it possible to create wavetables from imported audio, or to design them from the ground up.
The possibilities are endless, from rich harmonic landscapes to microtonal deviations to pseudo-granular sample-based textures. The E370 makes no assumption about how it should be used—it simply provides a wealth of open-ended resources for construction of sound, from lush chords to experimental ambiences, outright noise, and beyond.
E370 QUAD MORPHING VCO FEATURES
- Quad multimode oscillator with a vast array of sonic options
- Dedicated Coarse/Fine tuning controls, FM, and Mod A/B for each oscillator
- Sync input for each oscillator
- Auto-calibration, no trimmers required!
- E340 Sine
- E340 Saw E340 Spreading
- E340 Chaos/Chaos BW
- LFO Mode
- Any of a VCO’s 64 wavetables can be utilized in a “Cloud” texture, a la SynthTech's E344 Cloud Generator
- E350 Phase Mode
- E350 Glitch Mode
- 2-OP FM Mode
- 64 wavetables available at any time
- Chords may be generated from a single CV source
- Sample rate: 16-bit/96kHz
- 2.4” TFT display with only “shallow menu diving”
- Micro-SD slot accepts cards of up to 16GB, using standard FAT system
- Custom wavetables can be created using the free WaveEditor program (including support for sample import for making wavetables from audio files)