Make Noise Optomix
Please check back for more stock at a later date!
This Optomix is fully functional and in great condition.
A two channel Low Pass Gate, providing simultaneous voltage control over amplitude and frequency content of a signal. It is in essence, a Voltage Controlled Filter Amplifier (VCFA) that has an extremely organic response to control signals. The Low Pass Gate is a classic West Coast synthesis circuit.
- DAMP parameter programs how low pass gate responds to falling control transient, continuously variable from long, slow and ringing to short, fast and muted
- STRIKE INput allows use of Gate signal to trigger Low Pass Gate circuit, "plucking" or "striking" the vactrol
- DAMP and STRIKE parameters combine to allow for easy programming of percussive sounds (sharp Attack w/ Voltage Controlled Decay)
- Normalization of a positive offset to the Channel inputs allows for level-shifting of CV, Envelope Generator and even subtle non-symmetrical clipping of signals
- Summing stage with an AUXiliary IN allows for chaining of multiple units creating larger mixes
- Direct coupled, process audio or control signals
- Utilizes 4 vactrols
- Width: 8hp
- Max Depth: 24mm
- Power: 25mA@ +12V, 25mA @ -12V