Kilpatrick K1600 MIDI Converter
This used K1600 is fully functional and in very good condition.
Eurorack MIDI Converter - 12HP
The combination of MIDI and analog offers the modular synth player incredible flexibility and control. Although analog voltages are the preferred method for carrying many kinds of signals, MIDI offers powerful integration with computers and a wide variety of controllers, keyboards and other equipment. The K1600 MIDI Converter provides 10 outputs in the analog domain. Two pairs of CV and gate outputs provide high resolution note control, four trigger outputs allow analog drum modules to be used with MIDI drum machines, and the clock and reset outputs enable MIDI control over analog clock-based devices such as sequencers.
If you are looking for a way to control two or more oscillators via MIDI for playing big fat analog chords, the K1600 can take you there. Its two CV/gate outputs can work in split keyboard or duo-phonic mode. But if you install multiple K1600s in your system, you can support 4, 6, 8 or more voices of polyphony simply by daisy-chaining the modules together. The intelligent voice-priority algorithm makes multiple units behave as one. So stop thinking of modular synthesis as monophonic... polyphony is closer than you think!
The K1600 also acts as an expansion module for other Kilpatrick Audio modular products which support the internal MIDI header. This includes the K4815 Pattern Generator, which contains a full MIDI implementation in addition to the existing analog connections.
Features and Specs
- Eurorack (3U) form factor - 12HP width
- MIDI to CV, gate, trigger and clock converter
- Provides MIDI expansion for other Kilpatrick Audio modules
- MIDI soft-thru for daisy-chaining multiple units
- Quick programming with MIDI learn function
- Multi-channel and split-keyboard support for independent control of different outputs
- Polyphonic CV/gate output - duophonic support with a single K1600
- Polyphonic mode with 4, 6, 8, etc. voices using multiple K1600s
- CV pitch bend support
- Four drum trigger outputs
- Continuous controllers (CC) mappable to any CV/gate or trigger output
- MIDI clock to analog (5V) clock and reset outputs for driving analog sequencers
- Trigger, gate, clock, reset outputs: 0V / 5V (positive edge triggered)
- CV outputs: -5V to +5V, 1V/octave, trimmable - high precision power supply and 12 bit DACs ensure tuning stability
- Program-change control over various modes
- Serial numbers up to 1009416: Requires +/-12V (20mA) and +5V (approx. 50mA)
- Serial numbers 1009417 onward: Requires +12V (50mA) and -12V (20mA)
- 16 pin Doepfer-style power cable used
- Designed and made in Canada using high quality parts.